Monday, February 2, 2009

Lillehammer

I spent the weekend in Lillehammer, which hosted the Olympics in 1994. A friend's aunt lives there in a big house overlooking the valley, and was nice enough to host us and continually feed us delicious food.

We skied at Hafjell, which was fun. Found some nice dry powder and jumps in the trees, and hauled ass on the pistes. It was very cold both days (-13F) and my nostrils kept getting ice in them--I need to buy a new balaclava.

From the top of the mountain we could see the snow-clad sexies in Jotunheimen to the west. I can't wait until there is enough daylight to get out on some multiday tours. Looks like some seriously sweet terrain out there.

2 comments:

Scottie said...

Wow, were the Lillehammer Olympics really that long ago? Those were the Olympics of the Tonya Harding scandal. Damn, I feel old now.

Oh, and I'm jealous of your snow.

SUPERMARMOT said...

i know, i couldn't help but think back and chuckle at that historic feat in white trash craziness...